The Information Technology Section of the Nigerian Library Association is inviting undergraduate students in Library Schools in Nigeria to apply for a free registration grant at the forthcoming Library and Information Technology Today (LITT) workshop coming up at Yaba College of Technology from 17th to 21st October, 2016.
The aims of the grant are to:
- Provide an opportunity that will empower the next generation of library and information professionals in Nigeria to acquire technological skills needed for effective library and information practice.
- Expose upcoming Library and Information Professionals (LIPs) to technological skills that will empower them to favourably compete with their contemporaries globally
Who is eligible to apply?
Final year undergraduate students in the Departments of Library and Information Science, Records Management, Archival Studies, Health Information Management and other Library related disciplines are invited to apply.
Write an essay of approximately 300 words explaining why you:
- would like to participate in the workshop;
- what you hope to learn from it and how it will benefit you;
- how you will share with other students the knowledge gained from participating in the workshop.
Email the essay alongside a scanned copy of your School Identity Card to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5th October, 2016
Successful Candidates will be notified by the 10th October, 2016